Our school is committed to an educational setting that is socio-economically diverse. To that end, we accept Florida state scholarships and we have set aside a limited budget for need-based financial aid. We understand and appreciate the financial commitment families undertake in deciding to send their children to Tampa Bay International School. Although paying for education is first and foremost the responsibility of a family, there are options available to help assist families. TBIS has been approved by the State of Florida to accept Florida Tax Credit, Family Empowerment, McKay, and Hope scholarships. We have partnered with Step Up For Students and the Florida Department of Education to make these scholarships available to families with
students in grades K and up. Please visit these links for detailed information on which scholarship is best for you and how/when you can apply. Should you need assistance completing the application, please reach out to us, we are happy to help you through this process.
We strongly encourage all eligible families to apply for the State of Florida scholarships. Receipt of these awards not only reduces a family’s tuition obligation, it also enhances Tampa Bay International School’s ability to offer tuition assistance to other families, creating educational opportunities for more students in need.
Tampa Bay International School has a limited amount of financial aid available to assist families. To help us objectively assess what a family is able to contribute to its student(s) education expenses, we use FACTS Tuition Management Company [https://factsmgt.com/] as a trusted third party. Much like the process to apply for State of Florida scholarships, based on the financial information you provide, FACTS gives TBIS an estimated amount your family can contribute to educational expenses. This helps us make fair and objective financial aid decisions. The FACTS analysis of a family’s “Estimated Family Contribution (EFC)” is a critical component of our financial aid decision. However, it is just a start. To make our final financial aid award decisions, we use the FACTS figures as the baseline for our own additional review, taking into consideration our total financial aid budget, our school’s policies and priorities, and the needs of our entire applicant pool. Due to circumstances like these, and others, our school may not meet the level of demonstrated need shown on the FACTS Family Report you receive.
It is for this reason that we ask families to exhaust all other sources of financial assistance (i.e. State of Florida scholarships above, extended family and community assistance). Please include all relevant information when completing your application with FACTS so that we can see the full picture, accurately assess your need, and render a decision.
A financial aid agreement with Tampa Bay International School is confidential. We make every effort to accommodate families and we keep financial information in the strictest of confidence. In turn, we ask that families refrain from discussing details of agreements with other families. Doing so is a breach of confidentiality. It is impossible to compare one situation to another. Many elements are considered in determining a family’s ability to pay tuition and each family’s financial situation is unique. Failure to respect this confidentiality may result in the loss of financial aid in the future. Affording Tampa Bay International School:
- State of Florida Scholarships: TBIS accepts Florida scholarships to help families in grades K and up with their tuition costs. Our partners, Step Up For Students and the Florida Department of Education administer these income based (Florida Tax Credit, Family Empowerment) and special needs (McKay and Hope) scholarships. Please click on these links for information on each scholarship plus application procedures and deadlines.
- TBIS Direct Scholarship Support: TBIS has a limited amount of direct scholarship support, based upon financial need. Applications for scholarships are made directly on the FACTS Website. Because tuition assistance relies upon the past year’s tax form and financial information, if a family’s financial situation changes for the better, sharing this information provides the school with the opportunity to offer tuition support to additional families in need.
- Exchange of Services: Tuition can be reduced through an exchange of services for families needing assistance. For example: maintenance, instructional support, technology support , and other services. Necessary services for which the school already pays in cash are considered.
Tampa Bay International School utilizes FACTS Tuition Management Company [https://factsmgt.com/] to offer an interest-free tuition payment plan. Due dates are outlined on your enrollment contract. FACTS is the largest provider of tuition payment plans in the industry, giving students and families from educational institutions at all levels a better way to manage education costs over time. With a FACTS Tuition Payment Plan, you can choose a convenient payment option to suit your needs. Instead of one lump tuition payment, smaller payments can be made over time. With the FACTS Payment Plan you’ll enjoy:
- Easy and convenient online registration
- 24/7 password-protected access to your account
- The peace of mind that comes from working with the industry leader
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR GROWING SCHOOL!
Tampa Bay International School is a registered 501 c 3 non-profit organization.
If you would like to make a tax deductible donation to our school, please click below: PLEASE DONATE NOW