EVENTS & COMMUNITY
Tampa Bay International School is an inclusive school that proudly welcomes families of all nationalities, ethnicities, and religions — as well as those with no religious affiliation — to our community. Our progressive and pluralistic Jewish education program:
- fortifies our school’s commitment to several tenets of Judaism: social justice — tzedakah and tikkun olam; the promotion of peace — shalom; and protecting our planet — shmirat ha’adamah.
- explores Jewish history and the diversity of Jewish culture and traditions worldwide
- provides Hebrew instruction
- acknowledges and celebrates Jewish holidays and important dates
- offers optional Jewish religious instruction (with alternative instruction offered at the same time.)
Many aspects of our Jewish education program are integrated into our daily instruction — chiefly our efforts to inspire children to work for a just and sustainable planet and the exploration of Jewish history and culture worldwide as a component of our international school. Our students also receive optional Jewish religious instruction and Hebrew instruction two mornings a week from Rabbi Danielle Upbin, Associate Rabbi and Prayer Leader at Congregation Beth Shalom in Clearwater.
As a community, we also gather on Friday to welcome Shabbat, the day of rest in the Jewish religion. Our outdoor, informal gatherings are a sharing of songs, stories, discussion, challah and grape juice. They are always a pleasant way to end a busy week of school and welcome the weekend.
HELP FUND OUR SCHOOL Tampa Bay International School is a registered 501 c 3 non- profit organization. If you would like to make a tax deductible donation to our school, please click below: PLEASE DONATE NOW